Controller Job at Transformation Church in Tulsa, Oklahoma
The Controller is responsible for oversight and execution of all daily accounting operations, including but not limited to accounts payable processing, reconciliations, fixed assets, construction in process, month and year-end close, and general ledger management. This position is charged with the responsibility of proper stewardship and administration of the ministry’s finances in accordance with general accounting standards and the core values of Transformation Church.
THE TRANSFORMATION CHURCH STORY
Pastors Michael and Natalie Todd are the Lead Pastors of Transformation
Church based in Tulsa, OK since February 2015. They were entrusted with
Transformation Church from the founding pastor, Bishop Gary McIntosh, after
15 years of operation. Their personal philosophy and driving passion is representing God to the lost and found for transformation in Christ. They aspire
to reach their community, city and world with the gospel presented in a
relevant and progressive way. They’ve been married since 2010 and live in
Tulsa with four beautiful children.
TRANSFORMATION CHURCH MISSION & VISION
We exist to Re-Present God to the lost and found for transformation in Christ.
We are a multi-church. Meaning we are a multi-generational, multi-ethnic,
multi-plying, and multi-campus.
We are a relevant and progressive church that changes lives.
We love first.
We have faith in God, faith in people and faith for miracles.
We are humble, open and transparent people of integrity.
We give just to give, not to get.
We use our hands to show our hearts.
We use our lives to express God’s worth.
We hold ourselves to a very high standard in our words, appearance
We are committed to structure, training and conduct that produces
We belong together.
We reverence God, value people and demonstrate our gratitude.
We enjoy it all.
The Controller is responsible for oversight and execution of all daily
accounting operations, including but not limited to accounts payable
processing, reconciliations, fixed assets, construction in process,
month and year-end close, and general ledger management. This
position is charged with the responsibility of proper stewardship and
administration of the ministry’s finances in accordance with general
accounting standards and the core values of Transformation Church.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES &
HEART: Passion & Purpose
- This person must demonstrate a stable, mature Christian walk, reflecting
the fruit of the spirit.
- Passion for helping others identify their God-given purpose and work in
that calling effectively.
- Passion for helping the church expand our vision through empowering
partners to participate in unity.
- Be an initiator, solution-focused, servant-spirit, and supportive team
- Willing to become a member of Transformation Church and support the
vision through accurate financial reporting and stewardship.
HAND: Responsibilities & Duties
- Planning, directing, and coordinating all operational accounting
- Plan, organize and execute accounting tasks and projects
Ensure compliance with GAAP.
- Participate in the ongoing development and establishment of accounting
department policies, procedures, and operational strategies.
- Participates in the execution of systems that will facilitate expansion,
compliance, and scalability.
- Maintain a continued focus on improving system efficiencies.
- Evaluation and compliance of internal control policies and systems.
- Coordinate and prepare internal and external financial statements for
management and stakeholders.
- Oversee the annual financial audit.
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data
necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results.
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for
improvement, and implementing new processes.
- Plan and direct all accounts payable functions.
- Cultivate and nurture vendor relationships and partnerships.
- Ensuring the AP team’s timely processing and payment of all vendor
- Review invoices and general ledger coding for correct entry into the
- Ensure there is an accurate collection and repository of W9s, as well as the
distribution of 1099 forms at each end of the year.
- Lead the month-end and year-end close process.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting
database, as needed.
- Hiring, training, and retaining skilled accounting staff.
- Additional duties as assigned.
HEAD: Knowledge & Training
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
- CPA or MBA preferred.
- Must have 5+ years of progressive experience.
- Must be self-motivated, detailed oriented, and capable of leading others.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, proficient in managing
multiple tasks, flexible in accepting additional responsibilities.
- Adept at exercising discretion and setting priorities.
- Strong communication, problem-solving, and customer service skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is required; advanced
knowledge of Excel is strongly preferred.
- Capable of learning other required software platforms utilized by the
- Maintains confidentiality in all situations.
- Ability to resolve conflict in a calming manner.
- Willing to pursue continuous learning opportunities.
- Ability to always work with respect and cooperation with fellow staff and
The 2nd largest city in Oklahoma and the 47th most populous in the U.S. at
approximately 1 million people, Tulsa, once known as the “oil capital of the
world”, attracts people from every walk of life wanting to live even just a
slice of their life on Tulsa Time.
Tulsa is a place where large, headquartered companies like QuikTrip, BOK
Financial Corporation and ONEOK coexist with a thriving and ambitious
local scene that defines cultural life in Tulsa by way of an engaging arts
community, a culinary utopia and a seemingly endless amount of unique
Aside from being a place of opportunity, Tulsa boasts an impressive
amount of art deco architecture that goes toe to toe with the largest cities,
a half billion-dollar park ranked best in the U.S. that beckons to be explored
by all, a rich history of music that inspired a genre named after the city and
so much more. There’s just no place quite like T-Town.