THE DALLAS BIBLE CHURCH STORY
Dallas Bible is a missional family that exists to love all and help all follow
Jesus. We’re a community marked by grace. It’s why we’re committed to
leaving the confines of comfort to love a world that has grown skeptical
of religion but still longs for the grace of Jesus Christ. That love is
modeled by Jesus; so we strive to love with truth and grace, side by side,
We believe God has placed us in a vibrant community of flourishing
neighborhoods on purpose, and that purpose is simple: to love all and
help all follow Jesus. The invitation to follow Jesus is a comprehensive call
that includes our worship, identity, purpose, values, and thoughts; so in all
we do, our hope is for Jesus to ascend and all to follow gladly.
This means we go beyond ourselves every day, prayerfully dependent
upon Him for everything. It means we make room for all people while
intentionally investing in grace. It means we love one another, go to our
neighbors, pray for our co-workers, and follow Jesus in everything; all for
the joy of the city and glory of God. We believe that is our calling.
Dallas Bible is a vibrant, intergenerational family of believers who love our
community and long to see Jesus at its center. We’re surrounded by
flourishing neighborhoods, the best public schools in DFW, a stable
economy, and an influx of young families with young kids moving to the
area. We love our community and want to be a blessing!
DALLAS BIBLE CHURCH
VISION & MISSION
Dallas Bible’s vision is to be a multiplying, mission-
minded family – marked by grace – that brings joy
to the city and glory to God.
Their mission is to love all and help all to follow Jesus.
+ God’s fame – not ours
+ Authentic worship – not empty religiosity
+ Inspired truth – not shifting opinion
+ Dependent prayer – not self-sufficiency
+ Intentional relationships – not passive familiarity
+ Global mission – not personal comfort
The Kids Minister will invest in the next generation by nurturing and discipling elementary children
(Kindergarten-Fifth Grade) in a safe, effective ministry. They will focus on showing God’s love, teaching His
Word, and providing opportunities for children to grow in their relationship with Jesus. Our goal for a child who
goes through the entire elementary program is for them to connect with God and the local church while exploring
the Bible and faith. This is accomplished through a balanced ministry of “Worship, Grow, Serve, and Go”
rhythms utilizing small groups, large groups, events, and programming within the ministry calendar.
- Has a calling to ministry and a desire for continual growth and development
- Outgoing and competent leader
- Developer of teams and future leaders
- Self-starter and a team player
- Strong communicator (verbal, writing, and interpersonal)
- Experience using small groups, large groups, events, and programs to engage kids, volunteers, and families
- Finds joy in shepherding and caring for kids, volunteers, and families
- Knowledge of the spiritual and developmental milestones of elementary students
- Stays organized and follows through with weekly tasks, communication, and organizational needs
- Engages outside the office and on Sundays as a recruiter and team builder for the Kids Ministry
- Expresses heart attitude for multiplying leaders and passing the baton of leadership to volunteers within the ministry
- Comfortable working on a broader Family Ministry team and under the direction of Senior Leadership: Elders, a Lead Pastor, and an Executive Pastor
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Casts a forward-thinking vision for the Kids Ministry
- Looks for ways to engage an unbelieving community, present the Gospel, equip lives, encourage parents, and develop an
understanding, participation, and love for the local church
- Oversees the ministry through leadership, administration, curriculum deployment, and resourcing of volunteers and parents
- Develops a volunteer team and leadership bench that encourages participation and next steps in their faith and leadership journeys
- Encourages family engagement by coming alongside to inform, educate, care, and help parents through relevant issues.
- Points both the child and parents to Jesus Christ as their spiritual leader
Dallas, Texas, is the largest city in the nation‘s fourth-largest metropolitan area when you
factor in Fort Worth and the many surrounding cities and suburbs. This means nearly
limitless options for finding the exact type of home, neighborhood, and lifestyle that
suits you best, whether you thrive in a bustling urban setting or prefer a quiet enclave
with a more laid-back vibe.
In 2019, Bon Appetit magazine named Dallas the restaurant city of the year, announcing
to the world something we’ve known for decades: We have some amazing food and
drink in North Texas. It should come as no surprise, then, that barbecue, burgers, steaks,
and every variety of Mexican food have a special place in the hearts and stomachs of
Dallas County alone has four lakes within its borders, but in the greater Dallas-Fort
Worth metropolitan area, you can escape to the scenic waterfronts of dozens of
other lakes within a very short drive. The Great Trinity Forest, the Trinity River
Audubon Center, and the Katy Trail represent some of the most popular places to
connect with nature.
Downtown Dallas is home to the largest contiguous arts district in the United States
with a variety of museums and performing arts venues serving every possible
passion. The district‘s four major museums include the Dallas Museum of Art, the
Crow Museum of Asian Art, the Nasher Sculpture Center, and the Perot Museum of
Nature and Science. For performing arts, you can enjoy everything from symphonies and
Broadway musicals to ballet and opera across a collection of nearly a dozen venues,
many with spectacular architecture.
Dallas truly has something for everyone and is a great place to live!