THE FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH GLENARDEN STORY
In 1917, Mr. and Mrs. Robert Warren planted a seed: a humble, at-home Bible study. Fast forward 100 years and that kernel of faith has grown to become the internationally renowned First Baptist Church of Glenarden International! God has done great things at First Baptist Church for over 100 years. The history of First Baptist is one filled with faithful men and women of God who helped build their community and stood tall for Christ during the Civil Rights movement. To this present day, FBCG is committed to spreading the gospel of Christ and making a positive impact in our culture. On January 14th, God called Pastor John Jenkins, a true son of this church, came back to FBCG to become its Senior Pastor. Under his faithful and humble leadership, FBCG began to reach hundreds and then thousands of souls for Christ. Through Pastor John’s leadership, an incredible ministry began to as the unique pouring out of God’s Spirit began to overflow. As a result, in 1996, FBCG founded SHABACH! Ministries, its community service arm, empowers and educates the next generation of young people in the community. Worship services and special events are viewed online in more than 20 countries. FBCG also has high-level classes through its Bible Institutes and has a strategic partnership with Denver Seminary. FBCG is blessed to have some of the best Bible teachers and musicians come to minister in their church. Dr.Tony Evans, Bishop TD Jakes, Kirk Franklin, CeCe Winans, and many more great men and women of God come to FBCG as guest ministers. FBCG is committed to making “dynamic disciples” and makes teaching the word of God a priority by having many options to grow as a follower of Jesus through the Bible Institute. During the COVID pandemic, FBCG experienced unprecedented growth worldwide through its online ministry. Over 60,000 people all over the world now call FBCG their church home. You never know what to expect at FBCG!
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH GLENARDEN VISION STATEMENT
Developing Dynamic Disciples through Discipleship, Discipline and Duplication.
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH GLENARDEN VALUE STATEMENTS
- S – Seek God First Matthew 6:33 We commit to seek God first for direction in every decision, whether great or small.
- E – Evangelism Matthew 28:19 Because it is God’s desire that no one should perish, we are equipped to share the love of Christ wherever and whenever, with anyone, out of gratitude for God sparing us from eternal damnation.
- E – Excellence Daniel 5:14, 6:3 We strive to give God our very best! Diligence, responsibility and faithfulness are essential ingredients to succeed in anything God has tasked us to do, as demonstrated by Daniel.
- H – Honor/Humility Romans 12:10 Esteeming others higher than ourselves, regardless of their title, position or status, is our priority because everyone was created in the image of God.
- I – Integrity Job 31:6 Honesty is demonstrated by doing what we commit to do.
- M – Mentoring 2 Timothy 2:2 God has given everyone a purpose, and we commit to impart in others lessons learned to help them fulfill their destiny.
WHY WORK AT FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH GLENARDEN?
Pastor John and his team have created a phenomenal ministry culture. For those who come onto the FBC team you will discover:
- A ministry team that is authentic.
- A ministry team that honors Christ together
- A ministry where there is freedom from micromanagement.
- A ministry where you will be developed to be the best version of your God-given self.
- A ministry team where you work with some of the best ministry talent in the U.S.
Turnover at FBC is very low. Why? Because it is a fantastic place to be.
As the chief communications strategist, the Director of Marketing &Communications leads and provides strategic oversight for church-widecommunications. In collaboration with department heads and/or ministryleaders, the Director develops and executes a comprehensive stakeholder communications strategy, which includes collateral development for events,marketing, media outreach and social media. This position requires a keen understanding and alignment of First Baptist Church of Glenarden’s mission and vision, coupled with the 120+ ministries, in order to effectively increase public awareness of its impact on the kingdom of God, its events and services. The Director serves as a media spokesperson and liaison for FBCG. The Director also advises and works closely with the Senior Pastor, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Ministry Officer, and senior management team to develop organizational positioning and strategies for proactive and reactive issues management and crisis communications. The Director assumes responsibility for overall planning and budgeting for communications-related activities consistent with church and/or ministry goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and lead a dynamic and proactive year-round communications strategy that promotes FBCG, its messages, spiritual resources and events (i.e., major, annual and ministry-related).
- Manage Communications Department staff, contractors, oversee vendors and produce church-wide collaterals (i.e., annual report, special programs).Develop and manage the Communications budget.
- Serving as a spokesperson and liaison, the director manages responses to media inquiries and request for information, including providing oversight for preparation of press releases, briefing materials, correspondence and other materials as necessary.
- Direct media strategies that effectively describe and promote FBCG, its programs and events. Strategies pertain to various types of media, including traditional sources and new sources, etc. Initiate and nurture relationships with and maintain a database of media partners.
- Monitor, record, analyze and report on media results to Pastor, Chief Operating Officer, key leadership, staff and congregation
- Maintain and ensure consistent implementation of FBCG’s info and events via social media platforms, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Develop a strategy for keeping the platforms fresh and engaging.
- Lead the look/feel and messaging of FBCG’s social networking tools and
key external materials. Ensure branding management includes correct use of logo. Manage design and printing processes with outside vendors, as well as ministries’ use of the FBCG logo(s).
- Ensures accuracy and consistency across all communications channels for subject matter with broad church-wide appeal, using the FBCG Style
- Provide periodic style guide trainings for staff and ministry leaders throughout the year.
- Craft talking points, speeches, etc., on behalf of senior leadership.
- Provide technical assistance to sister organizations and pastoral coverings, at the discretion and direction of the Senior Pastor.
- Provide client management consultation and creative services for the aforementioned departments, including project management from conceptualization to delivery of final products/collaterals in order to
promote various ministry-related events.
- Comprehensive knowledge of a wide range of church programs, policies and operations; principles, methods and theory of communication and public relations; newspaper, radio, television and other communications media sources and resources; evaluation and planning methods; methods and techniques of editing, proofreading and news reporting; principles of organization, budget and personnel management.
IS FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH GLENARDEN FOR YOU?
- Do you carry the demonstrated ability and knowledge of database management and Association/Membership Management Systems?
- Are you flexible with availability on evenings and weekends as needed?
- Do you carry the willingness and ability to learn new applications and
participate in training opportunities?
- Are you a detail-oriented administrative ninja?
- Do you have strong organizational skills?
- Do interpersonal and communication skills come easy to you?
- Are you a team player?
- Do you have computer proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Outlook?
- Are you good at multitasking?
- Would you describe yourself as flexible, approachable, responsible, and resourceful?If this sounds like the perfect fit, reach out to the Group ONE39 team today!
- 3 H’s are a MUST…hungry, humble, & hustle
- Highly motivated initiator & self-starter
- Think fast & act quick
- If you have to ask what emotional intelligence is, NEXT!
- Drama free, please!
- Have fun, laugh, and walk in joy
- Flexible, driven, goal-oriented and gets it done early
WASHINGTON D.C. METRO AREA
The Washington D.C. metropolitan area (also known as the National Capital Region and colloquially as the DMV for “D.C., Maryland, Virginia”) is the metropolitan area centered on Washington, D.C., the capital of the United States. The area includes all of the federal district and parts of the U.S. states of Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia. It is part of the larger Baltimore– Washington metropolitan area. The Washington D.C. metropolitan area is one of the most educated and most affluent metropolitan areas in the US. Attractions abound in the area, offering a range of activities. Washington D.C. offers national monuments and museums like the world-famous Smithsonian; Baltimore attracts visitors to its Inner Harbor area with the National Aquarium and is the home of Under Armour; while Northern Virginia offers a blend of Civil War history and wineries with a growing business climate. The Washington Metro allows for easy access to and around our nation’s capital and surrounding areas. Six lines run throughout the day from more than 90 stations in the DMV. We have three major airports (BaltimoreWashington International, Dulles International and Reagan National).