CHICAGO TABERNACLE STORY
Located in the most densely populated area in all of Illinois, Chicago Tabernacle
is simultaneously a church that draws from its rich community, but is also home
to members from all over Chicago-land. It is a place that represents the city it
serves. It is vast in its diversity, deep in its culture, and far-reaching in its
influence. In 2002, Pastor Al and Chrissy Toledo moved from New York City to
Chicago with a burden to see God transform our community and city by His
love and power. Pioneering this work from scratch with no established network
or parent church, the culture of depending on God was built through its
midweek Prayer Meeting. Since then, God has commissioned Chicago
Tabernacle to be “A Place of Becoming,” (John 1:12 NRS). The Chicago
Tabernacle believes in building its people from the inside out to live privately
healthy in order to be publicly fruitful. Becoming takes place as they pursue
God, love with His heart, and serve others into greatness. After several different
locations to fit the growing nature of its congregation, Chicago Tabernacle
moved into their current property in 2015. A renovated theatre built in the
1920’s, Chicago Tabernacle’s campus holds a large imprint on one of the city’s
busiest intersections and serves as a hub for its community. It now has a second
campus which also serves as its Youth and Community Center, providing
alternative programming to serve its community’s vast needs.
Chicago Tabernacle continues to be a place of great vision. With a heart for
the community, but passion to see God move all across the city of Chicago,
and the cities of America, they are continually seeking God to use them to
breakthrough and be the light in the darkest places on the earth.
The Graphic Designer will be an individual that brings creativity and
inspiration to the Chicago Tabernacle team. They will be responsible for
creating content that is attractive, meaningful, and falls in line with our
church design standards. They should be willing to learn, willing to serve,
and willing to work with a team.
- Humble: Open, transparent, vulnerable, and teachable.
- Missional: I’m a minister, not an employee.
- Generous: Ask the question, “What else can I do?”
- Courageous: Willing to receive and lead the difficult
- Proactive: Plan ahead and be action oriented. Act now!
- Flexible: Open to change, whenever and wherever!
- Diligent: “Work till the job gets done.” Have a “first one in and
last one out” mindset.
- Energetic: Take ownership of your joy and countenance.
- Coachable: Ask the questions: “What coaching do you have for
me?” and “What can I do better?”
- Team Player: I’m part of the solution! I win when the team wins.
- Disciple Maker: Ask the question, “Who else can I bring along
the journey and develop?”
- Ownership: I own the vision and make it my priority!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Brainstorming / Art Direction
- Content creation
- Training and team building
Spend time here and you’ll start to see why Chicagoans love their city: the
clear and open lakefront, affordability, and abundant transportation
options. Each neighborhood has something to love, including historic
theaters, world-class dining, an acclaimed art scene, parks, and
community gardens. As the third-largest city in the U.S., Chicago is the
ideal city for those who want to live in a world-class metropolitan area
with midwest values. A collection of tight-knit communities make up this
inter-connected, globally diverse city, offering something for everybody.