THE PROMISE CHURCH STORY
Our church launched in 1977 when the Holy Spirit moved on a
home group from a small local church. As that small group
desired for more of the Lord, their pastor sent them out to
launch their own expression. This new launch took many names
changes and a few pastors over 37 years until in May 2014, the
senior pastor of almost 30 years stepped down and handed the
church to 4 couples. These couples took over the church and in
just a few years saw the church double, and then triple in
attendance and God do amazing things.
Always in Woodland, WA, God has used The Promise Church
to be a center of revival and hungry people over the past
number of years. As numbers have steady increased, we have
remodeled an incredible building, built additional parking,
purchased new buildings and started a new campus to house the
growth that the Lord has brought.
The Lord has uniquely positioned us right on the edge of two
counties to see a mighty move of God in our region. Whether it
is local government officials getting radically saved, high school
gymnasiums filled with students hearing the message of Jesus or
powerful salvations on the street from our church being
activated…God is moving.
We have just launched a new campus in a city that is
desperate for a move of God and we have already seen an
incredible harvest beginning. God has placed us here to see
THE PROMISE CHURCH VISION
The Promise Church exists to take people from encountering God
corporately to encountering God daily to become people of His presence.
THE PROMISE CHURCH VALUES
- Health – We remain healthy by prioritizing personal encounters with God,
pursuing purity, putting family first, and protecting our sabbath so we can
lead others in health.
- Forgiveness – IT’S NOT AN OPTION – We love mercy, so we show mercy.
Forgiveness is for you, not for them. There is no spiritual growth without
- Authenticity – WE DON’T DO FAKE – We disciple through real relationships.
We create an atmosphere for people to be open and honest by leading in
vulnerability and transparency.
- Trust – LEAN INTO AWKWARD – We build the trust, character and
relationships of tomorrow by engaging in the tough conversations today.
- Excellence – GIVE YOUR ALL – We represent the Lord by doing the best we
can with what we have.
- Generosity – NO STRINGS ATTACHED – We don’t give to get. We give our
time, treasure and talents from a heart of love with pure motives.
- Communication – DOWN SHIFT – We choose to slow down and
communicate clearly today, so that we can move forward faster tomorrow.
- Empowerment – OUR HEART, YOUR MIND – We empower those with our
heart to lead with their mind. We trade empowerment for teachability and
- Feedback – HEAR HEAR – We believe healthy feedback is a 2-way-street.
We welcome opportunities to hear what is in your heart, and we commit to
clarifying what is in ours.
- Celebration – PUT IT ON THE BOARD – If you’re not having fun, you’re
doing it wrong! We make time to celebrate the little wins that create a big
- Honor – GOVERNED BY HONOR – Honor reflects Heaven’s value. Honor
protects freedom, creates safe places and reflects a Kingdom identity.
Honor is about self-control not control.
The Media Director will be an individual that brings creativity and inspiration
to the church through digital, graphic, social media and video. They will be
responsible for creating content that is attractive, meaningful, and falls in line
with our church design standards. They should be willing to learn, willing to
serve, and willing to work with the team and the church’s vision.
- In love with Jesus
- Standard of excellence
- Creation of graphical content for ministries and events
- Oversight and creation of church social media content
- Oversight and assistance of video content included but not limited to: bumper videos, social media videos, and other promotional material (not live stream)
- Assistance with design and presentation of church live stream
- Creation of Sunday morning slides and screens
- Believe that Jesus is the Son of God and the only way
- Believe that the Bible is the Word of God
- Believe in the Trinity
- Believe in the Person, gifts, and move of the Holy Spirit
- Believe in Biblical marriage
- Significant experience with Adobe or design software
- Significant experience with graphic creation
- Significant experience with social media content creation
- Experience with videography and lighting
- Love God and His Word
- High integrity with pure motives
- Teachable heart
- Hard working with a self-starter
- Attitude of a servant
- High value of personal and family
Known as the “Southern Gateway to Mount St. Helens,” Woodland is a beautiful Pacific Northwest town that provides excellent options for outdoor
activities, restaurants, and scenery. Featured activities include hiking,
sightseeing, and mountain biking in the nearby Lewis River Valley; fishing for
salmon and steelhead on the north fork of the Lewis River; and golfing at the
Lewis River Golf Course.
Woodland is close to so many different incredible cities and attractions. It
won’t take you more than 2 hours to ski down Mount Hood or sit on the
sandy beaches of our coast. Whether it is coffee, nature or community, there
is something for everyone here.