THE FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH GLENARDEN STORY
In 1917, Mr. and Mrs. Robert Warren planted a seed: a humble, at-home
Bible study. Fast forward 100 years and that kernel of faith has grown to
become the internationally renowned First Baptist Church of Glenarden
International! God has done great things at First Baptist Church for over 100
The history of First Baptist is one filled with faithful men and women of
God who helped build their community and stood tall for Christ during the
Civil Rights movement. To this present day, FBCG is committed to
spreading the gospel of Christ and making a positive impact in our culture.
On January 14th, God called Pastor John Jenkins, a true son of this
church, came back to FBCG to become its Senior Pastor. Under his faithful
and humble leadership, FBCG began to reach hundreds and then thousands
of souls for Christ.
Through Pastor John’s leadership, an incredible ministry began to as the
unique pouring out of God’s Spirit began to overflow. As a result, in 1996,
FBCG founded SHABACH! Ministries, its community service arm, empowers
and educates the next generation of young people in the community.
Worship services and special events are viewed online in more than 20
countries. FBCG also has high-level classes through its Bible Institutes and
has a strategic partnership with Denver Seminary.
FBCG is blessed to have some of the best Bible teachers and musicians come
to minister in their church. Dr.Tony Evans, Bishop TD Jakes, Kirk Franklin, CeCe
Winans, and many more great men and women of God come to FBCG as guest
FBCG is committed to making “dynamic disciples” and makes teaching the
word of God a priority by having many options to grow as a follower of Jesus
through the Bible Institute.
During the COVID pandemic, FBCG experienced unprecedented growth
worldwide through its online ministry. Over 60,000 people all over the world
now call FBCG their church home. You never know what to expect at FBCG!
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH GLENARDEN VISION STATEMENT
Developing Dynamic Disciples through Discipleship, Discipline and Duplication.
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH GLENARDEN VALUE STATEMENTS
- S – Seek God First
We commit to seek God first for direction in every decision, whether great or
- E – Evangelism
Because it is God’s desire that no one should perish, we are equipped to share
the love of Christ wherever and whenever, with anyone, out of gratitude for
God sparing us from eternal damnation.
- E – Excellence
Daniel 5:14, 6:3
We strive to give God our very best! Diligence, responsibility and faithfulness
are essential ingredients to succeed in anything God has tasked us to do, as
demonstrated by Daniel.
- H – Honor/Humility
Esteeming others higher than ourselves, regardless of their title, position or
status, is our priority because everyone was created in the image of God.
- I – Integrity
Honesty is demonstrated by doing what we commit to do.
- M – Mentoring
2 Timothy 2:2
God has given everyone a purpose, and we commit to impart in others lessons
learned to help them fulfill their destiny.
WHY WORK AT FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH GLENARDEN?
Pastor John and his team have created a phenomenal ministry culture. For
those who come onto the FBC team you will discover:
- A ministry team that is authentic
- A ministry team that honors Christ together
- A ministry where there is freedom from micromanagement
- A ministry where you will be developed to be the best version of your
- A ministry team where you work with some of the best ministry talent
Turnover at FBC is very low.
Why? Because it is a fantastic place to be.
The First Baptist Church of Glenarden is looking for a hands-on full-time
commercial office assistant building manager to assist with managing the dayto-day operations overseeing all aspects of building management including
but not limited to upkeep, maintenance, security, safety, and administration of
service contracts. The incumbent assists the building manager by ensuring
excellent maintenance, repair, upkeep, operational support, safety, and
security for any and all assigned FBCG properties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures that facilities and grounds are maintained in a “pristine” manner
and especially honoring the standard that campuses are “manicured on
- Responsible for assisting with selection, supervision, training,
development, evaluating and accountability of assigned facility staff.
- Supports the FBCG transportation operation as required.
- Conducts frequent building and campus inspections for all aspects of
safety, security, operational efficiency, building and life safety.
- Collaborates with other departments to ensure efficient and proper
execution of all ministry and event related support requests.
- Assists with managing and coordinating all aspects of support services to
include but not limited to janitorial, snow removal, HVAC (BAS/DDC
experience preferred), plumbing, electrical, and the like.
- Set and adjust short and long-term priorities and prepare schedules for
completion of work.
- Assist buidling manager with servicing, repairing, and performing daily
preventive maintenance on humidification systems, air-cooled
condensers, sewer ejectors, sump pumps, fire extinguishers, elevators,
air-conditioning packaged units, air compressors, air handlers, emergency
generators, roof-gutter drains, storm drains, bioretention and gravel
wetlands, permeable pavers, manual and automatic valves (main lines or
- Assists with scheduling all inspections and service calls; maintain
inventory of building equipment; develops criteria for work procedures
and provides the technical expertise for preparation of a statement of
work when there is a need.
- Assists with managing an annual operating budget.
IS FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH GLENARDEN FOR YOU?
- Do you possess a gracious, Christ-like demeanor in demanding
- Do you have an understanding and appreciation for the ministry and the
mission of FBCG?
- Do you have a minimum of 5-7 years of building services/facilities
- Do you have experience working with, supervising, and leading a team?
- Are you extremely flexible and responsive?
- Do you have Building Operations and Maintenance Training Certificates
- Have you completed College or Technical School HVAC Certificates?
- Are you trained in Intermediate Management or technical engineering?
- Do you have the ability to prepare progress and other reports for
review by Senior and Executive level staff?
- Are you proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint,
and Planner software, CMMS software, and other software for space
planning and utilization?
If this sounds like you, reach out to a Group ONE39 consultant today!
- 3 H’s are a MUST…hungry, humble, &
- Highly motivated initiator & self-starter
- Think fast & act quick
- If you have to ask what emotional
intelligence is, NEXT!
- Drama free, please!
- Have fun, laugh, and walk in joy
- Flexible, driven, goal-oriented and gets it done early
WASHINGTON D.C. METRO AREA
The Washington D.C. metropolitan area (also known as the National Capital
Region and colloquially as the DMV for “D.C., Maryland, Virginia”) is the
metropolitan area centered on Washington, D.C., the capital of the United
States. The area includes all of the federal district and parts of the U.S. states
of Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia. It is part of the larger Baltimore–
Washington metropolitan area.
The Washington D.C. metropolitan area is one of the most educated and
most affluent metropolitan areas in the US. Attractions abound in the area,
offering a range of activities. Washington D.C. offers national monuments and
museums like the world-famous Smithsonian; Baltimore attracts visitors to its
Inner Harbor area with the National Aquarium and is the home of Under
Armour; while Northern Virginia offers a blend of Civil War history and
wineries with a growing business climate.
The Washington Metro allows for easy access to and around our nation’s
capital and surrounding areas. Six lines run throughout the day from more
than 90 stations in the DMV. We have three major airports (BaltimoreWashington International, Dulles International and Reagan National).