THE FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH GLENARDEN STORY
In 1917, Mr. and Mrs. Robert Warren planted a seed: a humble, at-home
Bible study. Fast forward 100 years and that kernel of faith has grown to
become the internationally renowned First Baptist Church of Glenarden
International! God has done great things at First Baptist Church for over 100
The history of First Baptist is one filled with faithful men and women of
God who helped build their community and stood tall for Christ during the
Civil Rights movement. To this present day, FBCG is committed to
spreading the gospel of Christ and making a positive impact in our culture.
On January 14th, God called Pastor John Jenkins, a true son of this
church, came back to FBCG to become its Senior Pastor. Under his faithful
and humble leadership, FBCG began to reach hundreds and then thousands
of souls for Christ.
Through Pastor John’s leadership, an incredible ministry began to as the
unique pouring out of God’s Spirit began to overflow. As a result, in 1996,
FBCG founded SHABACH! Ministries, its community service arm, empowers
and educates the next generation of young people in the community.
Worship services and special events are viewed online in more than 20
countries. FBCG also has high-level classes through its Bible Institutes and
has a strategic partnership with Denver Seminary.
FBCG is blessed to have some of the best Bible teachers and musicians come
to minister in their church. Dr.Tony Evans, Bishop TD Jakes, Kirk Franklin, CeCe
Winans, and many more great men and women of God come to FBCG as guest
FBCG is committed to making “dynamic disciples” and makes teaching the
word of God a priority by having many options to grow as a follower of Jesus
through the Bible Institute.
During the COVID pandemic, FBCG experienced unprecedented growth
worldwide through its online ministry. Over 60,000 people all over the world
now call FBCG their church home. You never know what to expect at FBCG!
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH GLENARDEN VISION STATEMENT
Developing Dynamic Disciples through Discipleship, Discipline and Duplication.
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH GLENARDEN VALUE STATEMENTS
- S – Seek God First
We commit to seek God first for direction in every decision, whether great or
- E – Evangelism
Because it is God’s desire that no one should perish, we are equipped to share
the love of Christ wherever and whenever, with anyone, out of gratitude for
God sparing us from eternal damnation.
- E – Excellence
Daniel 5:14, 6:3
We strive to give God our very best! Diligence, responsibility and faithfulness
are essential ingredients to succeed in anything God has tasked us to do, as
demonstrated by Daniel.
- H – Honor/Humility
Esteeming others higher than ourselves, regardless of their title, position or
status, is our priority because everyone was created in the image of God.
- I – Integrity
Honesty is demonstrated by doing what we commit to do.
- M – Mentoring
2 Timothy 2:2
God has given everyone a purpose, and we commit to impart in others lessons
learned to help them fulfill their destiny.
WHY WORK AT FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH GLENARDEN?
Pastor John and his team have created a phenomenal ministry culture. For
those who come onto the FBC team you will discover:
- A ministry team that is authentic.
- A ministry team that honors Christ together
- A ministry where there is freedom from micromanagement.
- A ministry where you will be developed to be the best version of your God-given self.
- A ministry team where you work with some of the best ministry talent in the U.S.
Turnover at FBC is very low.
Why? Because it is a fantastic place to be.
The First Baptist Church of Glenarden is seeking a full-time Assistant Director
of Events to assist with the day-to-day oversight of the Events Department
pertaining to catering, event coordination, scheduling, and logistics. This
position plans, directs, coordinates, and executes activities of the department,
as well as supervising staff. This is a very hands-on position with management
responsibilities. The incumbent will assume the responsibility of documenting
all processes and procedure of the department and maintaining them on an
as needed basis. The Assistant Director will also participate in the budgeting
process. Acts on the behalf of the Director in their absence. This position
reports to the Director of Events and requires extreme schedule flexibility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the management of the event operations to ensure the integrity
of all events at FBCG.
- Assist with the development and management of the departmental budget.
- Develop and maintain departmental process and procedures.
- Develop and issue reports reflecting activity of the department.
- Assist with the management and development of the various departmental teams:
o Event Services – responsible for the set-up of standard and executive
set-ups of tables, chairs, maintaining the upkeep of all equipment. This
department is also responsible for overseeing the use of technology for
o Scheduling – responsible for scheduling meetings/events, processing
event proposals, assisting ministries with planning of events, producing
event work sheets for Event Services, Catering, securing event locations
for retreats and conferences.
o Food & Beverage – providing food and beverage requirements for
special events, funerals, Pastors staff meeting, regular board meetings,
preparation and serving food weekly to ministries on Sundays,
maintaining a sanitary work area.
IS FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH GLENARDEN FOR YOU?
- Are you detail-oriented and possess the ability to introduce creative,
- Do you consider yourself having the spiritual gifts of serving and hospitality?
- Do you carry vast knowledge of the hospitality industry in convention services, set-ups, and knowledge of food and beverage?
- Would you describe yourself as organized with the ability to establish priorities while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment?
- Are you good at multi-tasking?
- Are you goal-oriented?
- Can you investigate and analyze information to draw conclusions?
- Do you carry strong interpersonal and communication skills while being an effective team player?
- Are you a self-starter and prioritize punctuality?
- Do you communicate effectively?
- Do you have experience in managing contractual arrangements?
- Do customer relations and interpersonal skills come easy for you?
- Are you able to adjust plans quickly
If this sounds like the perfect fit, reach out to the Group ONE39 team today!
- 3 H’s are a MUST…hungry, humble, & hustle
- Highly motivated initiator & self-starter
- Think fast & act quick
- If you have to ask what emotional intelligence is, NEXT!
- Drama free, please!
- Have fun, laugh, and walk in joy
- Flexible, driven, goal-oriented and gets it done early
WASHINGTON D.C. METRO AREA
The Washington D.C. metropolitan area (also known as the National Capital
Region and colloquially as the DMV for “D.C., Maryland, Virginia”) is the
metropolitan area centered on Washington, D.C., the capital of the United
States. The area includes all of the federal district and parts of the U.S. states
of Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia. It is part of the larger Baltimore–
Washington metropolitan area.
The Washington D.C. metropolitan area is one of the most educated and
most affluent metropolitan areas in the US. Attractions abound in the area,
offering a range of activities. Washington D.C. offers national monuments and
museums like the world-famous Smithsonian; Baltimore attracts visitors to its
Inner Harbor area with the National Aquarium and is the home of Under
Armour; while Northern Virginia offers a blend of Civil War history and
wineries with a growing business climate.
The Washington Metro allows for easy access to and around our nation’s
capital and surrounding areas. Six lines run throughout the day from more
than 90 stations in the DMV. We have three major airports (BaltimoreWashington International, Dulles International and Reagan National).