THE FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH GLENARDEN STORY
In 1917, Mr. and Mrs. Robert Warren planted a seed: a humble, at-home
Bible study. Fast forward 100 years and that kernel of faith has grown to
become the internationally renowned First Baptist Church of Glenarden
International! God has done great things at First Baptist Church for over 100
The history of First Baptist is one filled with faithful men and women of
God who helped build their community and stood tall for Christ during the
Civil Rights movement. To this present day, FBCG is committed to
spreading the gospel of Christ and making a positive impact in our culture.
On January 14th, God called Pastor John Jenkins, a true son of this
church, came back to FBCG to become its Senior Pastor. Under his faithful
and humble leadership, FBCG began to reach hundreds and then thousands
of souls for Christ.
Through Pastor John’s leadership, an incredible ministry began to as the
unique pouring out of God’s Spirit began to overflow. As a result, in 1996,
FBCG founded SHABACH! Ministries, its community service arm, empowers
and educates the next generation of young people in the community.
Worship services and special events are viewed online in more than 20
countries. FBCG also has high-level classes through its Bible Institutes and
has a strategic partnership with Denver Seminary.
FBCG is blessed to have some of the best Bible teachers and musicians come
to minister in their church. Dr.Tony Evans, Bishop TD Jakes, Kirk Franklin, CeCe
Winans, and many more great men and women of God come to FBCG as guest
FBCG is committed to making “dynamic disciples” and makes teaching the
word of God a priority by having many options to grow as a follower of Jesus
through the Bible Institute.
During the COVID pandemic, FBCG experienced unprecedented growth
worldwide through its online ministry. Over 60,000 people all over the world
now call FBCG their church home. You never know what to expect at FBCG!
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH GLENARDEN VISION STATEMENT
Developing Dynamic Disciples through Discipleship, Discipline and Duplication.
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH GLENARDEN VALUE STATEMENTS
- S – Seek God First
We commit to seek God first for direction in every decision, whether great or
- E – Evangelism
Because it is God’s desire that no one should perish, we are equipped to share
the love of Christ wherever and whenever, with anyone, out of gratitude for
God sparing us from eternal damnation.
- E – Excellence
Daniel 5:14, 6:3
We strive to give God our very best! Diligence, responsibility and faithfulness
are essential ingredients to succeed in anything God has tasked us to do, as
demonstrated by Daniel.
- H – Honor/Humility
Esteeming others higher than ourselves, regardless of their title, position or
status, is our priority because everyone was created in the image of God.
- I – Integrity
Honesty is demonstrated by doing what we commit to do.
- M – Mentoring
2 Timothy 2:2
God has given everyone a purpose, and we commit to impart in others lessons
learned to help them fulfill their destiny.
WHY WORK AT FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH GLENARDEN?
Pastor Pastor John and his team have created a phenomenal ministry culture. For
those who come onto the FBC team you will discover:
- A ministry team that is authentic
- A ministry team that honors Christ together
- A ministry where there is freedom from micromanagement
- A ministry where you will be developed to be the best version of your God-given self.
- A ministry team where you work with some of the best ministry talent
Turnover at FBC is very low.
Why? Because it is a fantastic place to be.
The First Baptist Church of Glenarden, Communications Department, is seeking
a full-time Communications Project Manager who will be responsible for a
range of project support and management tasks to ensure the successful
execution of our marketing and communications initiatives. These duties will
include gathering and refining project objectives and requirements, developing
project schedules and budgets, managing stakeholder engagement, and
working with team members to identify resource needs and communicate project priorities. It is anticipated that multiple concurrent projects will be in
progress at any one time and will typically involve and impact multiple FBCG
departments and ministries. The incumbent must possess exceptional
analytical and problem-solving skills. This position reports directly to the
Director of Communications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage the intake of project requests by defining scope, timelines and
- Work cross-functionally across FBCG departments and ministries to
manage stakeholder engagement and remove barriers.
- Manage the execution of projects by working with internal and external
teams to ensure project needs and objectives are clearly communicated
and teams have all necessary documentation and assets to complete tasks.
- Monitor project timelines, budgets and scope to ensure all projects deliver stated scope, on-time and on-budget.
- Help define improvements to workflow and the efficiency of the
- Proactively keep stakeholders abreast of the status of projects and have
the ability to respond to status requests on demand.
- Conduct internal project planning and status meetings and attend external project meetings to represent the department. Provide detailed and
accurate meeting notes and updates in a timely fashion.
- Development, manage and maintain the department’s project
management tools, systems and documentation.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
IS FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH GLENARDEN FOR YOU?
- Do you possess a gracious, Christ-like demeanor in demanding
- Do you have an understanding and appreciation for the ministry and
the mission of FBCG?
- Can you work under pressure with several projects simultaneously in
order to deal effectively and courteously with a diverse group of stakeholders?
- Are you an organized self-starter
- Would you describe yourself as highly collaborative, resourceful and
- Can you coordinate many projects at one time and prioritize to meet
deadlines in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment?
- Do you carry a strong attention to detail?
- Are you good at multi-tasking?
- Are you goal-oriented?
- Can you investigate and analyze information to draw conclusions?
- Do verbal and written communication, organizational and interpersonal
skills come easy to you?
- Are you both a self-starter and a team player?
- Are you a detail-oriented strategic thinker?
- Do you have the ability to be extremely flexible in an environment that is subject to many “spur of the moment” changes?
If this sounds like the perfect fit, reach out to the Group ONE39 team today!
- 3 H’s are a MUST…hungry, humble, & hustle
- Highly motivated initiator & self-starter
- Think fast & act quick
- If you have to ask what emotional intelligence is, NEXT!
- Drama free, please!
- Have fun, laugh, and walk in joy
- Flexible, driven, goal-oriented and gets it done early
WASHINGTON D.C. METRO AREA
The Washington D.C. metropolitan area (also known as the National Capital
Region and colloquially as the DMV for “D.C., Maryland, Virginia”) is the
metropolitan area centered on Washington, D.C., the capital of the United
States. The area includes all of the federal district and parts of the U.S. states
of Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia. It is part of the larger Baltimore–
Washington metropolitan area.
The Washington D.C. metropolitan area is one of the most educated and
most affluent metropolitan areas in the US. Attractions abound in the area,
offering a range of activities. Washington D.C. offers national monuments and
museums like the world-famous Smithsonian; Baltimore attracts visitors to its
Inner Harbor area with the National Aquarium and is the home of Under
Armour; while Northern Virginia offers a blend of Civil War history and
wineries with a growing business climate.
The Washington Metro allows for easy access to and around our nation’s
capital and surrounding areas. Six lines run throughout the day from more
than 90 stations in the DMV. We have three major airports (BaltimoreWashington International, Dulles International and Reagan National).