THE MIX CHURCH STORY
Pastor Marcus England dreamed of planting a church with a
simple goal-helping people connect with God so that they could
live a full life. With the help of the launch Team, Pastor Marcus
renovated the building that was purchased and pastored by his
grandparents in the 1960’s, re-branded the ministry and launched
THE MIX on September 27, 2015.
From the beginning, THE MIX has focused on reaching those
who do not know God personally and building healthy
relationships with other Christ-followers. The life-giving message
of the Gospel, the passion and joy of Sunday services, and the
simple style of THE MIX has drawn many in Baltimore and
surrounding areas to call THE MIX “home”.
Pastor Marcus believes that our city is in need of more churches
that exist beyond Weekend Services. He envisions a church full
of diverse people, cultures, generations and life experiences; a
church for all kinds of people–far from perfect, but who have a
heart for others. Pastor Marcus envisioned a mix of people
coming together to change lives and the world! THE MIX exists
to move people from their past to passion and purpose –a full
life in Jesus Christ.
+ DISCIPLESHIP: Leading others into a growing
relationship with Jesus Christ.
+ DIVERSITY: We value all people.
+ FUN: Church is to be enjoyed; not endured. Do not
take yourself too seriously.
+ INTIMACY WITH GOD: God desires an intimate
relationship with us.
+ RELATIONAL EVANGELISM: Forgiveness through
Christ is conveyed through personal relationships.
+ EXCELLENCE: Excellence is not perfectionism. It is
giving your best and always getting better.
+ INTEGRITY: Live with integrity and nothing else
matters. If you do not live with integrity, nothing else
THE MIX VISION & MISSION
THE MIX CHURCH EXISTS TO HELP PEOPLE
MOVE FROM THEIR PAST TO PASSION AND
PURPOSE – A FULL LIFE IN JESUS CHRIST.
- College degree or equivalent experience in ministry
- Must have at least three to five ears experience
leading worship in a multi-staff environment
- Preferably able to play and lead worship from
guitar or keyboard
- Experience in leading and developing staff and
- Must be able to relate well with church guests,
members, staff, and volunteers
- Must be a flexible and teachable team player.
- Must be able to manage the ministry area by
utilizing highly developed communication (written
and verbal), project and time management, and
- Must demonstrate the ability to perform high
quality work with minimum supervision within
- Must demonstrate the ability to think strategically
while staying focused on the accomplishment of
current departmental priorities
- Must be able to handle confidential matters and
material with discretion
- Must be able to handle scheduling and creating
service plans in Planning Center Online
- Must be willing to learn multiple programs and
applications for maintaining tasks and church
Models biblical principal and discipline such as:
- Demonstrates a personal growing relationship with Christ
- Models a strong relationship with spouse and family (if applicable)
- Commits to a daily quiet time with God
- Participates in a MIX group on a regular basis
- Sets appropriate boundaries to protect character and integrity
- Develops personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the
- Supports the ministries of THE MIX Church by faithfully tithing to
- Adheres to and encompasses the qualities and characteristics
required of THE MIX Church employees, as defined by the Staff
The worship and creative arts pastor will primarily be
responsible for creating irresistible worship environments
that lead believers to worship and woo non-believers to
Jesus. He/She will work under the direction and leadership
of the lead pastor. The worship pastor will be required to
have a firm grasp of the beliefs, values and strategy of THE
MIX Church and the ability to align staff and key leadership
teams with its mission, vision and values. The worship pastor
is responsible for leading both staff and volunteers and
coordinating all relevant details that pertain to the service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES &
Responsible for all details related to the planning and execution of dynamic programs
including, but not limited to, weekend worship services, leadership events, and other
ministry programs. This is accomplished by:
• Facilitating brainstorming sessions to generate fresh ideas and creative elements for
• Working with the Lead Pastor and other communicators to ensure a consistent
message is being told in the program details, i.e. music, video, giving, next steps, etc.
• Leading regular meetings to plan and coordinate music, video, technical and creative
elements to be used in service programming
• Ensuring that all programming details are scripted out at least two weeks prior to the
event date including musical, technical, video, and other program notes and assets
• Leading regular evaluations and critique sessions to maintain a bar of excellence in
• Recruiting, training, and developing additional team members to serve on every team
Responsible for helping drive the creative direction of THE MIX Church including, but not
limited to, service programming, promotions, print and digital media. This is
• Staying in touch with culture trends to effectively connect the culture with the Gospel
• Understanding the creative DNA of THE MIX to effectively maximize programming,
series development, and promotions
• Leading the creative brainstorms for series, programs and other ministry events
Responsible for working with the Lead Pastor and other members of the Teaching
Team to plan and develop series that help people discover greater life in Christ by:
• Scheduling and leading series planning meetings to plan series AT LEAST 3
months in advance.
• Creating and managing systems and processes to work with all team members
and other volunteer teams to develop a series from idea to implementation.
Responsible for casting vision, monitoring, and influencing the musical direction of THE
MIX Church to ensure it is biblically accurate, musically excellent, and culturally relevant
• Leading worship no less than 42 times per year and on strategic Sundays. Also being
willing to lead in other environments as necessary and available
• Recruiting, training, and mentoring other gifted worship leaders who will not only lead
on a weekend but who will be able to work with possible future church campuses
• Lead all rehearsals with an ability to teach parts and coordinate musical changes with
singers and team
• Lead, recruit, train, and schedule multiple teams of musicians, vocalists, tech leaders,
etc. to ensure adequate coverage for all services and programs
• Pastor, coach, and care for the volunteers and staff on worship and production teams
by spending adequate time with these key volunteers to ensure they are discovering
greater life in Christ.
Responsible for developing the necessary people to produce an excellent experience
for weekend services and other ministry events. This includes audio, lighting, screens
• Recruiting, training, mentoring and hiring operators and programmers who are able to
meet the requirements of each area of production.
• Understand needs for production to operate (i.e. equipment, operation, technical
aspects)at optimal capacity at each service and event
Responsible for developing the teams, philosophy, systems and deadlines related to the
production of worship services and other ministry initiatives by:
• Building a MIX Church video team to produce creative and effective promotional and
in service videos including: concept, scripting, video shoots, editing, and post-
• Developing and executing creative strategies to use video to promote THE MIX
church and communicate more effectively both to current attenders and on an
outreach basis as well
Living in Baltimore, Maryland, puts you close to some of the
country’s best history, culture, and dining. The city of
Baltimore is in north-central Maryland on the Patapsco River.
When you choose to live in Baltimore, you’re just a short
drive to the capital city, Annapolis, and the nation’s capital,
Washington, D.C. Baltimore is also just a short train ride from
Atlantic City, New Jersey, or New York City, New York.
So, is Baltimore a good place to live? With the world-famous
Inner Harbor, renowned museums and attractions, hip and
historic neighborhoods, award-winning restaurants, and
endless entertainment options, there’s no reason not to
move to Baltimore.