FRIENDS CHURCH: WILLOUGHBY HILLS STORY
For over 138 years, Friends Church has ministered to the people of Cleveland and beyond; founded in 1883 by James & Meribah, Friends Church: Willoughby Hills has become a staple of Northeast Ohio. Over the last 100-plus years, we’ve established universities, revived struggling Friends churches, and planted two life-giving churches. Together we have stood strong through the years; there have been peculiar ties of friendship that have bound us; each year has brought its quota of joys and sorrows, victories and valleys, but never have we allowed our joys to elate us beyond measure and never have we hidden behind defeat and refused to go forward. The Holy Spirit has faithfully fulfilled His office by encouraging, checking, and working out His divine will in us. In 2021 we hired Pastor Kyle Reynolds, a son of the house, to come and lead our congregation. Since then, we’ve experienced incredible growth and are now positioning ourselves to victoriously fight for our next generation to ensure Friends Church has another 100 years of helping the family of God grow in their faith, find freedom, and build a better future.
FRIENDS CHURCH MISSION & VALUES
We’re here to help the Family of God grow in their Faith, find Freedom, and build a better Future.
- Faith that leads to actions.
- Friends that become Family.
- Freedom to know and be known.
- We are building a better Future.
Friends Church is a large, growing church in the suburbs of Cleveland. They are looking for a strong, collaborative leader to oversee all aspects of student ministry. This person will oversee the ministry impact of the 6th – 12th grade ages within Friends Church NextGen Ministry. Essential parts of the job will include team development, parental development, implementation, and assisting the development of Friend’s NextGen Ministry Scope and Sequence using the Orange Strategy.
- Committed to doing whatever is necessary in biblical accordance to accomplish the mission of Friends Church.
- Active participation in the planning, implementation, and execution, of all church events.
- Creates opportunities that lead to eternal salvation.
- Committed to helping in the discipleship of believers at Friends Church to help the Family of God grow in their faith.
- Shepherds God’s flock according to 1 Peter, Chapter 5.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and lead a weekly worship service for middle and high school students
- Coordinate and lead student special events, such as annual retreats, conferences, trips, and small groups
- Create large-scale, community-wide events that attract middle and high school students
- Increase Friends Church presence in local schools in order to connect with current and prospective students
- Help students and adults grow in their faith, discover their gifts and build a better future by connecting them to appropriate ministry and serving opportunities
- Develop and maintain Orange curriculum strategy in concert with the kids pastor.
- Strong team player
- Strong leadership and development skills
- “Whatever it takes” mentality
- Self aware
- Teachable spirit
- Willingness to lead within the Orange sandbox
- Ability to connect with students, leaders and parents
- Social media skills
WILLOUGHBY HILLS, OHIO
Located in northeast Ohio, Willoughby Hills is flourishing suburb considered one of the most picturesque communities in northeast Ohio. It still maintains the delicate balance between country and city. The city encompasses about 11 square miles, through which the Chagrin River has carved a scenic valley to the east. With a population of approximately 9,485, Willoughby Hills has a delicate balance of residential and commercial areas, including several boutique-style restaurants, specialty stores, and five major automobile dealerships. It is also the home of facilities operated by two of the major area hospitals, The Cleveland Clinic and The Lake Hospital System. Near Willoughby Hills, you can go to the beach, catch a fish or hike Squire’s Castle, see a Browns, Cavs or Guardians game, enjoy an elegant dinner or just a hot dog, all within driving distance from Cleveland, Akron, and Pennsylvania.