Web Designer and Developer Job at First Baptist Church Glenarden in Landover, Maryland
First Baptist Church Glenarden
The First Baptist Church of Glenarden is seeking a full-time Web Designer/Developer who will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing current web properties as well as developing and launching new websites, microsites, landing pages applications, and membership sites. We are looking for a highly skilled WordPress developer with experience developing, enhancing, and debugging themes and plugins. This position will require both front and backend programming. The successful candidate will be able to showcase past WordPress websites, themes, and plugin development projects.
THE FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH GLENARDEN STORY
In 1917, Mr. and Mrs. Robert Warren planted a seed: a humble, at-home
Bible study. Fast forward 100 years and that kernel of faith has grown to
become the internationally renowned First Baptist Church of Glenarden
International! God has done great things at First Baptist Church for over 100
The history of First Baptist is one filled with faithful men and women of
God who helped build their community and stood tall for Christ during the
Civil Rights movement. To this present day, FBCG is committed to
spreading the gospel of Christ and making a positive impact in our culture.
On January 14th, God called Pastor John Jenkins, a true son of this
church, came back to FBCG to become its Senior Pastor. Under his faithful
and humble leadership, FBCG began to reach hundreds and then thousands
of souls for Christ.
Through Pastor John’s leadership, an incredible ministry began to as the
unique pouring out of God’s Spirit began to overflow. As a result, in 1996,
FBCG founded SHABACH! Ministries, its community service arm, empowers
and educates the next generation of young people in the community.
Worship services and special events are viewed online in more than 20
countries. FBCG also has high-level classes through its Bible Institutes and
has a strategic partnership with Denver Seminary.
FBCG is blessed to have some of the best Bible teachers and musicians come
to minister in their church. Dr.Tony Evans, Bishop TD Jakes, Kirk Franklin, CeCe
Winans, and many more great men and women of God come to FBCG as guest
FBCG is committed to making “dynamic disciples” and makes teaching the
word of God a priority by having many options to grow as a follower of Jesus
through the Bible Institute.
During the COVID pandemic, FBCG experienced unprecedented growth
worldwide through its online ministry. Over 60,000 people all over the world
now call FBCG their church home. You never know what to expect at FBCG!
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH GLENARDEN VISION STATEMENT
Developing Dynamic Disciples through Discipleship, Discipline and Duplication.
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH GLENARDEN VALUE STATEMENTS
- S – Seek God First
We commit to seek God first for direction in every decision, whether great or
- E – Evangelism
Because it is God’s desire that no one should perish, we are equipped to share
the love of Christ wherever and whenever, with anyone, out of gratitude for
God sparing us from eternal damnation.
- E – Excellence
Daniel 5:14, 6:3
We strive to give God our very best! Diligence, responsibility and faithfulness
are essential ingredients to succeed in anything God has tasked us to do, as
demonstrated by Daniel.
- H – Honor/Humility
Esteeming others higher than ourselves, regardless of their title, position or
status, is our priority because everyone was created in the image of God.
- I – Integrity
Honesty is demonstrated by doing what we commit to do.
- M – Mentoring
2 Timothy 2:2
God has given everyone a purpose, and we commit to impart in others lessons
learned to help them fulfill their destiny.
WHY WORK AT FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH GLENARDEN?
Pastor John and his team have created a phenomenal ministry culture. For
those who come onto the FBC team you will discover:
- A ministry team that is authentic.
- A ministry team that honors Christ together
- A ministry where there is freedom from micromanagement.
- A ministry where you will be developed to be the best version of your God-given self.
- A ministry team where you work with some of the best ministry talent in the U.S.
Turnover at FBC is very low.
Why? Because it is a fantastic place to be.
The First Baptist Church of Glenarden is seeking a full-time Web Designer/
Developer who will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing current web
properties as well as developing and launching new websites, microsites,
landing pages applications and membership sites. We are looking for a highly
skilled WordPress developer with experience developing, enhancing and
debugging themes and plugins. This position will require both front and
backend programming. The successful candidate will be able to showcase past
WordPress website, theme and plugin development projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop websites, applications and solutions that may require
customization beyond what is provided “in the box.”
- Develop and enhance responsive, standards-compliant themes for
- Install, test and debug WordPress plugins and develop custom plugins as needed.
- Evaluate designs, wireframes and other deliverables for development feasibility.
- Conduct cross-browser and cross-device testing to ensure consistent
display across major supported browsers on Mac, PC, iOS, and Android.
- Prototype functionality for internal and client review.
- Ensure all themes and plugins are up-to-date and apply timely security
updates as needed.
- Monitor website performance and identify and implement performance
- Establish and maintain the development and production web
- Connect third-party APIs to internally developed web applications.
IS FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH GLENARDEN FOR YOU?
- Do you possess a gracious, Christ-like demeanor in demanding
- Do you have an understanding and appreciation for the ministry and
the mission of FBCG?
- Are you detail-oriented with the ability to convert mock-ups and
designs to functional, cleanly-coded website applications?
- Do you have experience with PSD to HTML conversion?
- Do you carry a basic understanding of SEO and accessibility best
- Are you experienced in designing and managing the website backend
including database and server integration?
- Are you familiar with the optimization of images and other media for inclusion on websites?
- Do you have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver
high-quality products on deadline?
- Do communication, organizational and interpersonal skills come easily to you?
- Are you a self-starter who can resolve practical problems?
- 3 H’s are a MUST…hungry, humble, & hustle
- Highly motivated initiator & self-starter
- Think fast & act quick
- If you have to ask what emotional
intelligence is, NEXT!
- Drama free, please!
- Have fun, laugh, and walk in joy
- Flexible, driven, goal-oriented and gets it done early
WASHINGTON D.C. METRO AREA
The Washington D.C. metropolitan area (also known as the National Capital
Region and colloquially as the DMV for “D.C., Maryland, Virginia”) is the
metropolitan area centered on Washington, D.C., the capital of the United
States. The area includes all of the federal district and parts of the U.S. states
of Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia. It is part of the larger Baltimore–
Washington metropolitan area.
The Washington D.C. metropolitan area is one of the most educated and
most affluent metropolitan areas in the US. Attractions abound in the area,
offering a range of activities. Washington D.C. offers national monuments and
museums like the world-famous Smithsonian; Baltimore attracts visitors to its
Inner Harbor area with the National Aquarium and is the home of Under
Armour; while Northern Virginia offers a blend of Civil War history and
wineries with a growing business climate.
The Washington Metro allows for easy access to and around our nation’s
capital and surrounding areas. Six lines run throughout the day from more
than 90 stations in the DMV. We have three major airports (BaltimoreWashington International, Dulles International and Reagan National).