THE FELLOWSHIP BIBLE CHURCH STORY
Fellowship Bible Church began in 1977 as a dream in the hearts of a few families. They we re lo oking for something different: Biblical fidelity, life-on-life fellowship, outward focus toward those needing to follow Jesus – all faithfully contextualized t o the culture. From that small start, God has blessed FBC with 46 rich years (and counting!) of life. From r otating l iving ro oms to an elementary school to a local YMCA to settling int o our present c ampus in South Tulsa, God has faithfully grown FBC over the years. The c hurch has been blessed with uncommon senior leadership stability, having been led by only two Lead Pastors during its existence. From the beginning, FBC has focused on three vital experiences: with God, other believers, and those who have not yet trusted Jesus as Savior. And small groups have always been our lifeblood, providing a wonderful environment where those three vital experiences can be worked out in real-time. While many churches are retreating or dying, FBC is growing and thriving! Each Sunday, we see many new faces. These people come from a beautiful variety of backgrounds, and each one has a unique story. FBC welcomes everyone where they are, and t hen God us es us as He transforms people both here at FBC and along our paths of life. All of this happens as we live out our mission: Engaging the Bible, Pursuing Christ-Centered Relationships, and Sharing the Good News of Jesus. While the outlook for the world is getting dimmer by the day, the future is bright for FBC! We a re as strong and well-positioned as any local church to keep doing what those first FBC members dreamed of – being a body that remains relentlessly committed to Biblical truth while sharply focusing on our current context and the needs of real people. Praise God for His gracious blessing! May He continue to b e glorified as we grow!
FELLOWSHIP BIBLE CHURCH MISSION
We are a growing church family that is engaging the Bible, pursuing Christ-centered relationships, and sharing the good news of Jesus to the glory of God.
The person who will excel in this role is the chief vision-caster of small groups: why they exist, what they do to work out FBC’s mission, and how they grow and multiply. This person will thrive in the context of connecting in relationships, building teams, communicating effectively, organizing work, and equipping people to equip others – all done with great energy and enthusiasm. Small groups are core to all we do at FBC.
- Team Player
- Submitted to Christ
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cast vision of the essential purpose of small groups to the body and to the small group team (shepherds and leaders)
- Direct the small group team (shepherds and leaders)
- Meet with members regularly to identify and recruit prospective team members
- Develop team members for the work of ministry via regular group and one-on-one meetings (Eph. 4)
- Develop team leaders to serve as small groups leaders and co-leaders (Eph. 4)
- Coordinate with missions team and missionaries to organize small groups to further the gospel locally and globally
- Build up the small group organization with discernment to this church’s history (Prov. 10)
- Preach six to nine times per year during Sunday morning worship services
- Teach in other ministry areas as applicable
- Participate in other Sunday morning activities as needed(consistent lobby presence, announcements, ministry campaigns, and ministry spotlights and testimonies, etc.)
- Engage with staff teammates and key ministry leaders as a member of selected ministry focus teams
- Engage with other interfacing ministry leaders (elders, staff members, lay leaders, etc.)
- Prepare and plan for ministry and role growth
- Champion and operate in line with FBC’s mission, vision, and values
Tulsa is that perfect place – big enough to have everything you want and need but small enough to be the best spot to raise a family. It is a welcoming place where you can experience four seasons all while relaxing in a city renowned for Midwestern hospitality and values. It has a rich civic and cultural heritage along with lots of entertaining events and venues, so there is always something new and fun to check out. Ideally located so you can easily travel anywhere you need to go, Tulsa will always be the place you call home.