THE FAITH CHAPEL STORY
Faith Chapel is a non-denominational family that is one church in two
locations. Our central campus is in Birmingham, AL—an affordable, family friendly
city that is one of the largest in the state and still expanding. Our
second campus location was launched in the fall of 2019 in Columbus, GA
—a military town that is the 3rd largest city in GA. At Faith Chapel, the
mission and vision is “to grow people up through God’s Word to Reflect
Faith Chapel launched in April 1981 in the 4-room home of its Founding
Pastor, Mike Moore. Over several decades, through God’s faithfulness,
Pastor Mike developed what began as a small home-based Bible study
into a growing congregation of thousands committed to transforming lives
and families through its weekly worship services, local outreach, and
national television broadcast. In December 2002, Faith Chapel completed
construction on its $16 million, 3,000-seat “WordDome” worship facility,
which through God’s help, the church paid for entirely debt free. In 2010,
the church completed construction on another of its major building
projects—a $27 million family activity center known as “The Bridge.”
Consisting of six interconnected Domes, The Bridge houses many
amenities including a 12-lane bowling alley; a Christian teen dance club; a
smoke-free and alcohol-free Christian adult event facility; an indoor
playground for children; a fitness center complete with strength training
equipment, an indoor track, and basketball courts, and a lobby area with
a centrally located climbing wall. The vision of The Bridge is to provide a
safe place where people of all ages can form life-giving relationships. The
facility serves as a strategic tool used by Faith Chapel to “bridge” the
gap that exists between those far from God in the community and the
In June 2022, Pastor Mike announced a new season of ministry as he
transitions out of his role as the Senior Pastor of Faith Chapel at the end
of 2022. On January 1, 2023, his son, Michael K. Moore will assume the
Lead Pastor role. The leadership and members of Faith Chapel have
embraced this new beginning and are excited to walk by faith into a fresh
vision, knowing that our best days as a church are still ahead!
FAITH CHAPEL CORE VALUES
- GOD’S WORD: We commit to let God’s Word guide our everyday lives
- PEOPLE: We aim to love people the way God loves people
- TEAMWORK: We work together to achieve more than we could alone
- EXECUTION: We get things done with integrity and excellence
The Accounting Manager at Faith Chapel will be responsible for
managing the general ledger accounting and accounts payable
functions. They will assist with the development of the overall strategic
planning, performance goal setting, and objectives for the Accounting
Department as well as establish a high level of credibility and manage
strong working relationships with external parties including customers
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide strategic vision, manage, and advise staff assigned to the
contributions, general ledger accounting, accounts payable, and
purchasing functional areas.
• Oversight and accountability for all aspects of Team, including
technical development, professional development, coaching/
• Effectively delegate and foster an environment conducive to
learning and cross-training.
• Maintain oversight of volunteers and cash receipt functions of this
• Ensure necessary entries are captured in the General Ledger based
on reporting provided by Human Resources
• Monitor weekly cash flow and submits monthly cash flow and bank
balances report to Executive Director
• Monitor revenue and expenses on a weekly basis and makes
recommendations to Executive as needed.
• Assist with the assessment of debt financing needs for major
projects and/or equipment purchases.
• Assist with the annual budget process as needed.
• Assist with the development of the cImompany’s financial strategy
across all areas, challenge assumptions and decision-making when
appropriate, and provide financial analysis and guidance.
• Lead the external audit process; including ensuring staff in various
functional areas prepare the necessary analysis and reconciliations
for the external audit.
• Reviews and approves journal entries prepared by staff.
• Assist in the development of written policies and procedure manuals
that are consistent with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
• Ensures the integrity of the overall general ledger preparation.
• Assist in the establishment and execution of best accounting
practices to comply with excellent internal controls.
• Ensures the accuracy and timeliness of the monthly and annual
financial package distribution to management.
• Coordinate the preparation and distribution of specific financial &
statistical period end, budget, and board reports.
• Initiate change management and other process improvements to
maximize productivity and efficiency within the division.
• Maintain the company’s banking relationships with various banking
• Oversee the company’s credit cards systems, including selecting
appropriate vendors for credit or purchasing cards.
• Critical Thinking
• Financial Management
• Strategic thinker
• Excellent English Communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-
• High Integrity and openness combined with commitment to
Birmingham, Alabama is a great Southern metropolitan city that is on
the rise. Young professionals are attracted to move here because of an
abundance of career opportunities and a low cost of living (we were
recently ranked as one of the nation’s ten most affordable cities).
The South is synonymous with its food, and Birmingham’s robust
restaurant scene has plenty of acclaimed restaurants to please any
A growing tech/entrepreneurship scene is emerging within the city,
anchored by Innovation Depot. Locally founded companies like Shipt
have experienced rapid success here in recent years.
From local concerts to historic museums to local sports (Birmingham
Barons minor league baseball + UAB athletics + The Birmingham Legion
professional soccer club) to outdoor food markets, the Magic City is one
of the U.S.’ most creative, affordable, and lively places to live.