THE FOUNTAIN CHURCH STORY
The Fountain Church began in late 2016 when lead pastors Mike McGuire of Impact Church and Bill Burnham of Trinity Christian Fellowship met to begin discussions about merging our two small churches to make a greater impact on our community. Both leaderships met for weeks and by the promptings and agreement with the Holy Spirit, we consented to merge. We became known as The Fountain Church with our very first meeting on the second Sunday of January 2017. We kept both churches staff personnel for a time and eventually with new goals, and mission/vision, many of those staff found new seasons to move into and new places to serve God. Pastors Bill and Mike co-led until Pastor Bill retired from church ministry in November 2017. Pastor Mike has been the lead Senior Pastor to date. We presently have a part-time children’s director, parttime worship pastor, part-time office admin, full time Student Pastor, and a full time Church Growth and Engagement Director. We have four elders, one of which is the Senior Pastor, who guides and lead the spiritual temperature of The Fountain. The Fountain’s primary ministry and focus is to the local community, but invite all who wish to join us on our journey, a place to come and worship, grow and serve. Over the years we have been more organically growing, but we are engaging in a new season of engineered growth for 2023. Next generation is a priority to The Fountain Church and we are excited to grow the young families in our community.
THE FOUNTAIN CHURCH VISION & MISSION
WE EXIST TO BE A LIGHT THAT DRAWS PEOPLE TO JESUS, FOR HIS GLORY AND THEIR REDEPEMTION, IN OUR LOCAL COMMUNITY
- EXALTING God/Jesus as highest and most important of relationships
- ENCOURAGING discipleship in believers to pursue maturity and holiness, not lacking anything
- EMPOWERING: Equipping believers to put the Great Commission into practice
- ENGAGING: Reaching out to people far from God through relationship building, meeting needs, friendship and evangelism
- EVANGELIZING: Sharing the gospel in the form of personal testimony, Truth telling, and spirit-filled prayer
- Team Player
- Holy Spirit filled
- Skilled musically would be beneficial
- Hard worker
The Next Gen Pastor is responsible for the overall leadership and oversight of the student ministry, and children’s ministry. Most importantly, this role will lead the next gen students to a saving knowledge of Jesus and teach and disciple the students as they grow in their relationship with the Lord. All planning, programs, and essential functions should be centered around that primary objective.
- Holy Spirit Led
- Whatever-it-takes Attitude
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Develop and carryout a vision and discipleship strategy for the student ministry that fits with the overall vision of The Fountain Church. This should include plans to grow the ministry through outreach, community involvement, partnering with schools, etc
- Recruit and train volunteers (partners) to become part of the ministry team
- Ensure parents are involved in student’s discipleship and help equip them when needed and invited
- Teach and provide oversight for all aspects of student ministry including curriculum and programs
- Lead and plan annual summer camp
- Lead and plan student outreach events
- Provide input to financial administration for annual budget and ensure spending is within overall framework of budget
- Manage staff credit card carefully and professionally. Turn in all receipts to the financial administrator in a timely fashion
- Work as a ministry partner with the rest of the ministerial and support staff. This includes attending all staff functions including staff meeting, retreats, planning sessions, etc
- Participate and provide support and leadership (when necessary) in church-wide events outside of student programs
- Reach out to students/families periodically through calls, notes, emails, etc.
- Pray for every student and family regularly
- Other duties as assigned by Senior Pastor
The Fountain Church is located in the heart of Gwinnett County, Georgia between the cities of Lawrenceville, Dacula, and Buford. We enjoy a great quality of life with great schools, close proximity to the largest city in the Southeast (Atlanta) and busiest airport in the US, as well as being minutes away from the the largest mall in the South – The Mall of Georgia. The lifestyle possibilities are endless being within minutes of shopping, restaurants, numerous parks, Lake Lanier (with 680 miles of shoreline), the GasSouth Arena (which hosts a multitude of concerts, sporting events, family events, minor league hockey team, the Atlanta Gladiators, and the Atlanta Braves AAA team, the Gwinnett Stripers, to name a few.) We are also a short drive to many colleges and universities including the University of Georgia in Athens. For those that enjoy the mountains or the ocean we are an hour’s drive to the North Georgia mountains or four and a half hours to the Georgia coast. It’s hard to find a better place to call home.