THE STORY OF CORNERSTONE CHURCH
Pastor Mark Lehmann has served as the Lead Pastor of Cornerstone
Church for twenty-eight years. His heart is to build a church that looks like
and acts like Heaven. From the humble beginnings of around 100 people, the
Lord has blessed them in incredible ways, creating a diverse and outward-focused congregation representing some 75 nations. Now approximately 3000 people call Cornerstone their church home. Through God’s amazing
faithfulness, Cornerstone is becoming the body of believers He designed them to be.
The phrase “One Church Can Change the World” is a vision that the entire
Cornerstone family has embraced. That Kingdom-minded emphasis has
people from all over the region joining together to send and support more
than 300 missionaries in 110 nations. Whether it’s local outreaches, campus ministry, trafficking intervention or international feeding programs Cornerstone is engaged and committed to giving away at least 35% of its income each year.
Of course, none of this is possible without devoted prayer. Each year
Cornerstone starts the first three weeks with a time of prayer and fasting. It
sets the tone for the rest of the year. For over twenty-five years, Saturday
night prayer has been a concentrated time of worship and calling out to God
for the needs of the world. The continued growth of this ministry is impossible…without prayer.
The culture in our nation is divided by many things but Cornerstone keeps
the focus on being Christ-Centered, prayer-focused, and outreach-driven.
Moving forward they see God’s preparation for a new season of impact and
growth as local families are looking for answers and hope. Their heart is to
equip the Cornerstone family to be an “Authentic Community, Lifting up
Jesus, Growing in Him, and Touching our World”, through weekend
experiences (services), discipleship & growth groups, serving teams, and
outreaches both locally and globally.
CORNERSTONE CHURCH CORE VALUES
We Are A:
- House of Prayer
- House of His Presence and Obedience to His Voice
- House Dedicated to Holiness and a Hunger for God
- House of Serving
- House of Generosity
- House of Unity and Harmony
- House of Hospitality for all Nations and All People
- House of Healing and Harvest
CORNERSTONE CHURCH MISSION
Building an authentic community, lifting up Jesus, growing in Him
and touching our world.
CORNERSTONE CHURCH VISION
One church can change the world.
As the Church Videographer, you will play a crucial role in capturing and producing high-quality video content to enhance our worship services, special events, and online presence. You will work closely with the church staff and volunteers to create compelling video content that engages our congregation and reaches a broader audience.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Passionate about the Gospel and Jesus
- Active in the local church. Passionate and motivated to build thelocal church. Believes the church is God’s plan for bringing hopeto the world
- Creative at heart
- Understanding of quality design aesthetics and current trends
- Can take what people are thinking, and bring it to screens in ways that inspire the church
- Confident in beliefs
- Self-motivated. Doesn’t wait for permission to fix a problem
- Gritty and hardworking
- Not fun to take to the movies
- Expert at film – what makes a good one and a bad one. Always analyzing the script, the technique, and the details most don’t notice
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Film, edit, and upload video announcements for Sundays
- Develop and communicate a vision for all work to solve problems concisely and creatively
- Create video content for church-wide requests. (ie: message illustrations, message lead-ins, testimonies, baptism stories, ministry projects, etc)•Manage the technical aspects of the film, including cameras, sound, lighting, design, et
- •Handle the post-production process
- Understand the context in which finished work will be used to create more effective final products
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Attend weekly communications meetings to determine best avenues for communication of upcoming announcements and events
- Attend and contribute where needed on Sunday mornings
- Any other task assigned by the Communications Director
Bowie enjoys a rich and diverse historic and cultural heritage. This
historic City traces its roots to 1870, when land developers subdivided the
area into more than 500 residential building lots, creating a large town at a
major junction of the Baltimore and Potomac Railroad. Since incorporation
in 1874 as Huntington, the city has changed its name (in honor of local
resident Governor Oden Bowie) and has become a dynamic community,
rivaling the most prosperous cities in the region.
Bowie and the surrounding area is the perfect location for anyone
looking for a new place to call home and to serve in an exciting, diverse,
and world-changing place. Washington D.C. is only 30 minutes away as well
as Annapolis, the state capital, is just a twenty-minute drive. If you want a
change of scenery, you can travel two hours to the beach or two hours to
the mountains. Besides the influence and the history, the best part of the
area is its people. They have come from different backgrounds, nations, and
histories, but have all chosen to come together to this vicinity to live, to
grow, and to find hope in Jesus. There really isn’t anything else like it
around–the diversity of ethnicity and age you see is also well reflected
inside the walls of Cornerstone Church.