Music Director Job at Faith Church in Sunset Hills, Missouri
Sunset Hills, Missouri
This is a full time position reporting to the Worship Pastor that consists of a minimum 40 hours per week. These hours will encompass, but are not limited to, music work – music preparation, research, band rehearsals, services, service planning, loop, stem, and click track creation, and providing music at church events when needed. This position requires invention, imagination, originality or talent in a recognized field of artistic or creative endeavor.
THE FAITH CHURCH STORY
Faith Church has been ranked one of the fastest growing churches
in America for several years in a row. Now we are known as one of
the largest, most influential and innovative churches in America.
We are one church with seven locations, located in Sunset Hills,
Earth City, Weldon Spring, and Ferguson-Florissant, Missouri
as well as West Palm Beach and Royal Palm Beach, Florida
and online. Our mission is to use the latest in technology, resources and music in a creative way to be relevant in reaching
We are just getting started in doing what God has called Faith
Church to do; reaching the world in a creative way so that people
connect… people grow… and lives are changed.
This is a full time position reporting to the Worship Pastor that consists of a minimum 40 hours per week. These hours will encompass, but are not limited to, music work – music preparation, research, band
rehearsals, services, service planning, loop, stem, and click track creation,
and providing music at church events when needed. This position requires
invention, imagination, originality or talent in a recognized field of artistic
or creative endeavor..
- Maintain the God ordained priorities in your life putting Jesus Christ
at the center of everything including your spouse, children, and the
- Passionate about tithing at least 10% of your income to what God is
doing through the vision of Faith Church
- Invest in and lead a Faith Church connect group
- Be responsible for developing & multiplying Dream Team
- Avoid the appearance of evil, let no hint of immorality exist and conduct life with the upmost of integrity in all situations
- Attend services regularly with your entire family
- Maintain loyalty to the vision and staff of Faith Church and always
protect the unity God has given this church
- Believes and operates in the gifts of the Spirit
- Wholeheartedly believes in the empowerment of women in Pastoral
- Fully devoted follower of Christ
- Person of Godly character and integrity
- Loves Faith Church and lives our vision and culture
- In alignment with “What We Believe” and “Leadership Core Values”
- Attend weekly Staff Meeting
- Personal social media posts in regards to Church activity must be
aligned exclusively with Faith Church
ESSENTIAL DUTIES &
- Have strong keyboard abilities as well as guitar experience
- Be well versed in a variety of styles – Pop, Gospel, Rock, R&B, Funk, Country and Hymns
- Have the ability to read and write charts
- Must be able to transcribe and call out music to band and singers (via talk back microphone) by using the Nashville Number System
- Have experience in creating and using loops, stems, and click tracks (required)
- Have Multi-DAW proficiency in Ableton, Logic, and Pro Tools (required)
- Have experience scheduling (matrix) and uploading resources to Planning Center Online (required)
- Recruiting, scheduling, developing, rehearsing, and playing with bands comprised of volunteers from the congregation
- Must have a heart for the Church and be a growing follower of Christ.
- Proficiency in Music Production software required (Ableton LIVE, ProTools, Logic Pro, etc)
- Effective leadership and Team building abilities
- Highly relational and encouraging to others
- Multi-generational exposure to songs of the church – past, present, and future
- Work well under pressure and constant change
- If this is you, you just might be a fit!
- Love Jesus and His Word
- Heart for the house
- Drama-free, please!
- Relationships, relationships, relationships
- Fun, flexible, driven, goal oriented and gets it done early
- If you’re going to fit with the FC staff…must be happy and walk in joy
- Fast paced…Pastors David and Nicole are quick
- All in! Family and all
- Expect and believe God’s greatest for your life
- Show-up to meetings with a notebook…ready to learn
- 4 years of experience in the Video Editing/Cinematography space
- Effective communicator, oral and written
- Love watching The Office is a plus
ST. LOUIS, MISSOURI
St. Louis is a historic metro area of 2.8 million with a family-friendly reputation and tight-knit communities. St. Louisans are loyal to their hometown. Many return permanently after going away to school or living elsewhere.
The area’s low cost of living and central U.S. location are draws for many, including companies looking to relocate. St. Louis businesses run the gamut from tech
startups to global financial investment companies to aircraft manufacturers. On
a smaller scale, a homegrown iconic favorite is the Blueberry Hill restaurant and
bar in the Loop, where the father of rock ‘n’ roll himself, Chuck Berry, used to
wow the crowds every month with his famous duck walk.
The charm of St. Louis’ many unique neighborhoods may be a pleasant surprise to newcomers. Homes range in style from three-story Victorians to woodframed farmhouses to traditional ranch and two-story colonials.